Friday, May 23, 2008

My own rules of time management

To better get things done, I am trying TheDailyGrind widget to keep track of my time. Rather than recording all working projects, which I tried and failed before, now I just organize them in categories:

Planning time: early morning, late afternoon before leaving office, or anytime when I check Oracle Calendar or iCal ... NO more missed appointments.

Productive time: precious minutes that I should be using for writing, teaching preparation, or any last-minute deadline rush ... they are simply too many! 

Administrative time: dealing with "Action" emails, attending meetings, and managing all sorts of official chores. 

Slack time: reading, notes taking, writing blogs, making phone calls, or dealing with "Action" emails ... this is my break.

Garbage time: checking emails, reading news, instant messaging, listening to podcasts... endless ways to easily run out of my time!

Not to mention, this post is written in my "slack time."

No comments: